Professionals Real Estate Group
Professionals Real estate Group are a long-term Child Cancer Foundation partner. For more than 24 years they have supported children with cancer and their families through fundraising and sponsorship, donating more than $4.8 million over that time. These funds have helped establish two Family Places in Auckland and Wellington, holiday homes in Taupo and Arrowtown and have contributed to the purchase of the national centre in Auckland for Child Cancer Foundation.
In 2016 Professionals became the official supporter of Child Cancer Foundation’s Family and SIBS (Specially Important Brother and Sisters)Camps, which are held regionally throughout the year. These camps enable families and siblings of children with cancer to connect with others going through a similar battle, to share personal stories and experiences, and to gain strength through unity.
Former Professionals Real Estate Rotorua owners Ian McDowall and Phil Hereford, were recognised for their support of Child Cancer Foundation at a special event in Wellington. Over the past 22 years they have raised more than $600,000 for Child Cancer Foundation. Ian McDowall was presented with a Distinguished Service Award and Phil Hereford received a Community Service Award.
At the end of 1993 a member of the Professionals knew someone who lost their child to cancer. Because of this personal connection, the Professionals Palmerston North office sold some red and white balloons on the street in July 1994 to raise funds for Child Cancer Foundation and so the relationship began.
Since then Professionals members nationally have committed to fundraising for Child Cancer Foundation
They give a contribution from every house sold, and hold community based fundraising events.
These are just some of the ways Professionals have supported Child Cancer Foundation for almost 25 years:
- In 1995 they raised funds to help Child Cancer Foundation produce educational brochures for families about child cancer.
- During 1997 and 1998, Professionals fundraised on behalf of Child Cancer Foundation and were able to purchase a four bedroom home in Taupo. The home has been available for families supported by Child Cancer Foundation to use for almost 20 years.
- Following the success of Sunshine Lodge, Professionals fundraised to support the purchase of another home for Child Cancer Foundation families to use in Queenstown. The Queenstown home was later sold and in 2014 the Arrowtown Sunshine Lodge was purchased In 2002
- Professionals fundraised to support the purchase of a building for the Child Cancer Foundation Family Place in Wellington, and again in 2004 for the purchase of the Child Cancer Foundation National Office & Family Place in Auckland.
- In 2016 Professionals became the official supporter of Child Cancer Foundation’s Family and SIBS (Specially Important Brothers and Sisters) Camps, which are held regionally throughout the year.
In 24 years Professionals has raised $4.8 million with the hope of hitting $5 million raised for Child Cancer Foundation in 2019, which will mark 25 years of support.
Become a Partner
If you're interested in becoming a partner, please contact Chris Key.