How we help
Child Cancer Foundation provides strength and comfort to families, parents and children impacted by child cancer.
We give personalised support to each family through a one-to-one connection. We help with the big things like emotional, social and practical support. But also the little things they have probably never even thought about.
Below are just some of the ways we support families while they're going through an incredibly stressful time:
- A dedicated Family Support Coordinator to provide strength in times of doubt, comfort in times of sadness and celebrate times of joy
- Essential Care Kits including useful hospital items and information
- Travel Assistance for the cumulative parking, petrol and travel costs for hospital visits
- Holiday Homes in Taupo and Arrowtown - allowing families to enjoy a break and create new precious memories
- Personal Development Grants for children with cancer, their siblings or parents
- Keeping in Touch Programme providing children with a means to stay in touch and entertained whilst in hospital
- Household Support with essential living costs that families may struggle with during this difficult time
- Support in the Community such as camps, events and activities for children and their families
- Family Places in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin, all within walking distance of the local hospital
Our support is powered by you.