The Great Kiwi BBQ
After a year of lockdowns, bubbles and cancelled plans, The Great Kiwi BBQ is a chance to come together with friends, family and colleagues while raising money for children with cancer and their whānau. Getting involved couldn’t be easier. Simply choose any day in March or April, invite all your favourite people around for a barbie and ask them to donate to your fundraising page.
When you register you'll receive a BBQ Starter Pack, filled with all the essential items a barbie in Aotearoa should have.
Covid-19 update: With new community cases of Covid-19 present in Aotearoa, we ask that anyone planning a fundraiser for The Great Kiwi BBQ follows the alert level rules in your region. If that means you have to postpone your event until April that is absolutely fine! The most important thing is that you keep your whānau safe.
4 ways you can get involved
1. Host your own BBQ fundraiser! To set up your fundraising page, simply add your details and a few words about why you are taking part, then share it with your friends and family to start fundraising. Even if your nearest and dearest can't make it, they can still support your fundraiser and donate. Not a BBQ master? No worries - you can host a picnic, potluck dinner or even a shared lunch. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to not create a fundraising page and just collect cash on the day or by other means, please email email@example.com with your details and we'll send out a BBQ starter pack and some information on how to fundraise for your event.
2. Donate now! If you don't want to host your own BBQ, you can still support Kiwi kids with cancer and their families by donating to our Child Cancer Foundation fundraiser page. Any contribution would be greatly appreciated and will go a long way in helping whānau dealing with childhood cancer.
3. The Great Kiwi BBQ Tea Towel! Get your hands on a limited-edition Great Kiwi BBQ tea towel, which is an absolute must-have for every Kiwi kitchen. Our fantastic two-for-$25 deal makes it easy to get one for yourself and one for the BBQ king or queen in your life! 100% of proceeds will be donated to Child Cancer Foundation, making a meaningful difference in the lives of tamariki with cancer and those who love them.
4. Raise your tongs challenge! We’d love your help spreading the word about The Great Kiwi BBQ and showing Kiwis how they can help tamariki with cancer. Do your bit by raising your tongs on Instagram - we'll even pick one lucky winner to receive a fantastic Family Box from our lovely friends at The Meat Box!
- Open the camera on your Instagram story
- Take a selfie holding up a pair of tongs
- Add the caption: “I’m raising my tongs to support Kiwi kids with cancer”
- Tag @childcancerfoundation and add the hashtag #greatkiwibbq
- Tag five friends, challenging them to do the same
- …And post! It’s that easy
Thank you to our amazing sponsors