Are you looking for a fun, easy way to boost morale while locked in your bubble, and support a great cause at the same time? Sign up for a “Lockdown Challenge” to support the Child Cancer Foundation, helping Kiwi kids with cancer and their families at a time when they are more vulnerable than ever during this pandemic.
What is a Lockdown Challenge?
A Lockdown Challenge is a challenge or activity you run with your friends, family, yourself, or workplace during the lockdown. You can choose to register as a team and compete with each other or as an individual. Here are a few challenge ideas;
- “Go Without” A page dedicated to donating the value of what you are giving up during this time. Donate the value of that item, including the name, and see what others in your team are giving up each day. E.g. “Andrew – Coffee” ($5), “Sarah – Takeaways Saturday” ($20)
- “Crazy Hair Skype Meetings” Organise to have one Skype (or Zoom) meeting per week where everyone comes along with crazy hair, a funny hat, or a wig. Donate on your company page to whoever has the best get up, and compete for bragging rights each week!
- “Press-up Challenge” Get your gym class, friends, or colleagues to challenge themselves every day to 100x press-ups. For every press-up not achieved, donate $1 to Child Cancer Foundation. Or rally supporters behind you to donate $10 for every day you achieve your goal. What a great way to be spending that spare gym membership money over the coming months!
- “Pyjama Party” Only pyjamas allowed! Embrace isolation and join with your colleagues in solidarity and style. Set a day for the dress code and join all your conference calls donning your new Sunday best. The ultimate mufti day for adults. Donate on your company page to whoever is rocking the best PJ’s, and compete for bragging rights each week!
- “Grow a Beard, or a Mo” Everyone loves an excuse to grow their beards out. Why not take one less thing off your to-do list in the morning, and go without a shave for the duration of Lockdown? Start a Lockdown Challenge page for you and your mates, upload your photos and compete to see how much you can raise, and how good (or bad) you look by the end of Lockdown. “I’m growing my beard out for charity”… who is going to argue with that lads?
- “Bring It On Dance Battle” There is nothing more satisfying than nailing the moves to ‘Thriller’, ‘Single Ladies’ or ‘The Hustle’. Choose your favourite and challenge your team, family or flatmates to learn the moves and battle it out. Vote the superstar by donating to that individual on your team’s page and walk away with the ultimate bragging rights!
- “Bubble Bake Off” Ever thought about mastering the art of a macron or making an authentic carbonara from scratch? Upskill yourself, challenge your bubble and support a good cause. Startup a page, share your creations and have the weakest link donate the cost of their restaurant-quality meal.
- “Games Night” The lounge is your oyster with this one. Get into teams and choose a few of your favourite games for a fun night in. Set up a page and donate what you would usually be spending on a takeout night, drinks or meal out. This could be as easy as hosting a Quiz Night via Skype.
- “10,000 Steps” Get your friends together to start a page dedicated to walking 10,000 steps per day. A great way to make sure your friends and family are getting outside and supporting their wellbeing. Have a donations page for others to support you, or to donate on days you don’t make your 10,000 step mark.
How do I register?
Follow these simple steps;
- Click 'sign up now' below to go straight to our Everydayhero Lockdown Challenge page.
- Register your individual or team challenge, and personalise your own homepage. e.g. “ABC Accounting – Crazy Hair Skype Meetings”
- Share with your page with friends, family, and everyone you know to get fundraising!
Choose whether you’d like to keep your donation anonymous and check out the leader board for all groups and individuals taking part in the Lockdown Challenge.
Share the fun on our new Child Cancer Foundation Supporters Group on Facebook or by tagging #ChildCancerNZ.
If you’d like to know about the Child Cancer Foundation and the work we do, would like some support with any aspect of your fundraiser, please reach out to one of our friendly Business Development Managers in your area. They live fundraising, and have heaps more creative ideas to get you started.
Business Development Manager – Anna Irvine
Business Development Manager – Tony Fitzgerald
Business Development Manager – Andrew Gray
As the coronavirus continues to spread, your support is directly helping the most vulnerable families in New Zealand prepare and protect themselves in the face of this pandemic. If you are struggling to find the time or motivation to fundraise, another way you can support is by donating to Child Cancer Foundation, to help children and their families living with childhood cancer.
At times like this, we need community more than ever. So from the entire team at Child Cancer Foundation, thank you for supporting us. We simply couldn’t do this without you.