Gifts in Wills
Leave a lasting legacy and help brave children with cancer beyond your lifetime.
The Child Cancer Foundation aims to reduce the impact of cancer by offering services that ensure children and their families are supported, informed and well cared for at every stage of their journey.
With more than three children diagnosed with cancer each week in New Zealand, the Child Cancer Foundation supports hundreds of families throughout the country every year.
As a stand-alone charity that receives no direct funding from the government, we rely on the generosity of New Zealanders to help fund the practical and meaningful assistance we provide to families when they need it most. Gifts in wills are an important part of ensuring that we can continue to provide this support now and into the future.
No two families’ cancer journeys are the same; so we offer each family targeted, practical and meaningful assistance as well as a shoulder to lean on when times are tough.
“Part was crystal clear. Part of it was a blur…The most difficult thing all us families face is you’re suddenly thrust into this new world. You don’t choose it, there’s no preparation. Whatever you were doing, whatever made you tick, whatever defined you, is suddenly taken away” mum of Emma (right)
Naming the Child Cancer Foundation in your will is a very powerful and significant gift. Your gift could help to:
• Directly support a child and their family during the treatment phase and beyond
• Assist a child’s transition back to school and in the community through education support initiatives
• Provide Personal Development Grants to support a child’s education, rehabilitation and self-confidence following treatment
• Support families through financial assistance at a time when income may be significantly reduced
• Provide family and sibling camps to escape the everyday and meet others on a similar journey
• Maintain our holiday homes that allow families to relax together and create special memories
• Support families whose children sadly lose their battle with cancer by offering special camps for bereaved families, counselling and support groups and other assistance where necessary
• Protect the future of the Child Cancer Foundation, so that we are able to continue our vital work for many years to come.
Please consider leaving a gift in your will – a gift to support children with cancer and their families both now and in the future.
Leaving a gift in your will
Should you choose to leave a gift in your will to the Child Cancer Foundation, please contact your legal advisor or trustee company about changing your existing will or drafting a new Will. We strongly recommend that you seek advice from a legal advisor or trustee company when arranging your Will. If you are ready to write or change your will, here is some official wording to assist you.
Keep in touch
We appreciate that your will is a confidential document. However, if you decide to arrange for a planned gift to the Child Cancer Foundation, please let us know so we can acknowledge your generous support and keep you informed about our work.
If you would like any further information please email us
, phone 0800 424 453 or write to our Bequests Manager, Child Cancer Foundation, PO Box 152, Shortland St, Auckland 1140.
Life is never the same once your child is diagnosed with cancer. Child Cancer Foundation is there to offer essential support throughout the journey, now and into the future.